Tuesday, June 4, 2013

quick update

It's been quite awhile since I've posted.  I know my last post was about posting recipes, but when it actually comes time to get my camera out while cooking it never seems like a good idea.  Usually when I'm making dinner I'm tired after a long day of work and the gym and the last thing I want to do is take the time to take photos after chopping and dicing and boiling and baking.  So, none of those posts have materialized.  I will say though that I have enjoyed being back in the kitchen these last few months, it was definitely something I missed while on our trip.

The main reason I haven't written though is because we have been extremely busy.  I went back to work a few days after that last post and it seems that working full time and keeping up with the blog is not my strong suit.

But, we do have some very exciting things going on....

First, Charles is having an art show on Saturday here in Houston.  It is a collection of paintings done while on our trip and over the past few months in the studio.  I am biased, I know, but they are BEAUTIFUL!  If you are in Houston and don't have anything going on Saturday night I hope you can come to the show!  I am so proud of all his hard work and am amazed by the artistic talent he has poured into these pieces.  I can't wait!  If you need info about the show you can find it on his website, www.charleswatson.com, or if you can't make it to the show check the website on Monday or Tuesday and all of the new work will be posted.

Second, we are moving to Atlanta!  Charles has accepted a teaching position there, so shortly after the show we will be packing up all our stuff (and there is a lot of it I've realized this week) and heading to Atlanta.  I must admit I will be sad to leave Texas, but I'm very happy about this next step in our lives.  We have some great friends in Atlanta already and I look forward to making some new ones as well.

In the meantime we plan to spend a lot of time enjoying time with our friends in Houston, enjoying a few more beautiful sunsets from our balcony, and eating as much Mexican food as possible.




No comments:

Post a Comment