- We celebrated Charles' birthday with some yummy food and Abita Andygator at BRC. We love BRC, especially the brunch, but had not been for dinner in quite a while. Charles wanted to go there for his birthday dinner and we were excited to see they had expanded their gastropub menu. Probably the top highlight of the evening was that they had the Abita Andygator on tap - Charles was very excited!
- Spent the first fall-like weekend in Houston entirely outdoors we visited the Bayou Bend Collection (part of the MFAH) for the first time, we took Lola for a walk on the bayou along Allen Parkway, we spent the afternoon at Boheme, a neighborhood bar, and Charles worked on some painting. We took lots of pictures, but haven't downloaded them yet. I'll add them later.
- I had dinner with Vicky and Ellie and bought some awesome silver glitter paper to make my table numbers. We had dinner at Ruggles Green in City Centre and then walked over to this new store that just opened called Paper Source. I got some great ideas for wedding invitations as well while we were wandering around. Also, if you are in need of funny and original birthday or thank you cards this is the place to go, such a cool store!
- We went to San Antonio for my 10 year college reunion and some wedding planning. We had a great evening on Friday night watching Trinity mens soccer (they were playing Rhodes). I'm not going to discuss the results of the game, but let's just say it was painful for Charles to watch. Afterwards I was introduced to Andy, Charles' college soccer coach and one of Charles' former teammates, Tanner. Following the game Tanner took us to Beethoven for Octoberfest, it was awesome! I never expected to walk into this in a neighborhood in South San Antonio. Saturday we took care of a meeting with the florist and DJ and squeezed in brunch at Panchitos (best tortillas ever!). After the wedding stuff was out of the way we wandered around Trinity campus and I exclaimed how different everything looked since I went there 10 years before. It was fun to go back and walk around and re-live old memories. Saturday night was the Gamma Chi Delta (my sorority) 50th anniversary party, it was fun catching up with old friends. Sunday we just hung out in and around down town San Antonio and checked out a few rehearsal dinner spots. We have settled on Acenar, I am excited and think it will be fun for everyone to enjoy Mexican food on the riverwalk. We wrapped up the weekend with a trip to the Alamo, where Charles did another lovely painting. Again, we have lots of pics, but they are all still on the camera. I'll post some later!
- I went to Austin to meet my wonderful friend Andrea's baby and to celebrate my amazing friend Michelle's baby that is on the way.
Oh, I also bought my veil. I bought it online, so we shall see if it works, when it comes, but I'm hoping it will be what I wanted. I of course bought it on sale (I simply cannot resist a good sale). So, this takes one DIY project off of my list. Of course, now I have 3 yards of ivory tulle that I need to find some use for! Any ideas?