Thursday, September 8, 2011

a few days off

I started working as a contract attorney again after we got engaged, I figured I could use the extra money, and would enjoy the flexibility of having some time off for planning in between contracts.  My most recent contract job ended on Tuesday, so I'm taking advantage of this time to do some cleaning, organizing, and DIYing.  The agency that I work with already has a couple jobs in the works, which means I should go back to work sometime next week. 

My first DIY project: bridal sash/belt
I bought my dress about a month ago and I LOVE IT!  I ended up buying a dress by Enzoani, it is part of the Blue collection.  I didn't realize it until I got home from my second trip to try on dresses, I had tried on 3 Enzoani dresses and they were my top favorites.  The woman in the bridal salon told me, you are an Enzoani bride, I can tell.  They are all so gorgeous!  The one I decided on had some embellishment that I liked, but didn't love, so the woman helping me at the bridal salon suggested I have the seamstress remove it.  So, I did.  I decided to use the piece that was removed to make a belt.  I had tried on a beaded belt with one of the dresses and really loved the look, so I went to the local fabric store and purchased some ivory double faced satin ribbon and started stitching away...


Here is how it turned out...





My next project is to make fabric flowers for my centerpieces.  I ordered over 20 yards of fabric from fabric.com, I think this is going to take a while!  Anyone want to learn how to make fabric flowers!?  Here are the colors I bought:
Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment